A vintage typed recipe card for Bavarian Cream, make this cream with milk or light cream, gelatin, egg yolks, sugar, and salt. Place cream in a mold lined with macaroons or marchiano cherries.Print Recipe
- 2 cups milk or thin cream
- 1 tablespoons gelatin dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 2 egg yolks slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- dash salt
- maraschino cherries
- Scald milk, pour slowly over egg yolks, sugar, and salt.
- Return to a double boiler.
- Add gelatin.
- Stir until mixture coats spoon.
- When cold, add egg whites (beaten stiff) and flavoring.
- Line mold with broken macaroons and maraschino cherries.
- Place in refrigerator to set and ready to serve.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Print Recipe Share by Email Pin Recipe
Kitchen Helper 2
Salad Mold 1
Salad Mold 2
From Mabel Vander Veer