2 cups fresh apples
1 cup white sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup butter
- Peel and dice apples. Sprinkle sugar on apples; let sugar stand until dissolved.
- Add egg and beat.
- Add flour, soda, cinnamon, nuts, and salt; mix together.
- Pour into a floured and greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from pan and add sauce
- Combine sugars and flour; add water.
- Cook together, then add vanilla, butter, and a pinch of salt.
- Poke holes in cake with a fork while the cake is still warm and pour the sauce over cake.