2 cups crushed graham crackers
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup butter, melted
3 eight-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
2 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with two tablespoons water
1. Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Grease an eight-inch springform pan.
2. Mix crumbs, one-half cup sugar, and melted butter.
3. Press crumbs over bottom and part way up sides of the pan.
4. Beat cheese. Beat in remaining sugar, eggs, and two teaspoons lemon rind.
5. Pour mixture into pan. Bake thirty-five minutes.
6. Cool. Chill overnight.
7. Combine berries, water, cornstarch and remaining grated rind. Simmer a minute. Cool, spread over torte.
Yield: Twelve servings.