Brown Sugar Spritz
- 1 cup Blue Bonnet Margarine softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- Cream Blue Bonnet Margarine and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Blend in flour.
- Knead several times until dough is soft and pliable.
- Press dough through cookie press onto greased baking sheets. Decorate if desired.
- Bake in moderate oven (350-degrees) about 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
National Teddy Bear Day
Who knew there was a National Teddy Bear Day? I did not know this but apparently, there is such a thing, and for National Teddy Bear Day, Lynn from Happier Than A Pig In Mud made Brown Sugar Spritz, using her OXO Teddy Bear Disk for her cookies, (she also used butter rather than margarine), below is a picture of her creation. Check out her complete post here: Brown Sugar Spritz – Vintage Recipe – And National Teddy Bear Day.