A vintage typed recipe card for Candy Oysters; make these candy morsels with butter or oleo, light corn syrup, salt, extract, powdered sugar, melted chocolate, and nuts.Print Recipe
- 1/3 cup soft butter or oleo
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- Melted chocolate
- Blend butter, syrup, salt, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add sugar all at once.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Turn onto a board or a waxed paper and knead with hands until mixture is smooth.
- Form into balls the size of hickory nuts.
- Let stand to set.
- Dip into melted chocolate and roll into ground nuts.