In the realm of comfort food, few dishes embody the essence of warmth and satisfaction quite like Chicken Divan. This classic casserole, with its creamy sauce, tender chicken, and crisp broccoli florets, has been a staple in countless family dinners and potlucks for generations. But what if you could elevate this beloved dish to new heights of culinary delight?
The foundation of this Chicken Divan recipe remains true to its roots – tender chicken breast, seasoned to perfection, nestles amidst a bed of steamed broccoli florets. But the true magic unfolds in the accompanying sauce. A blend of sour cream, heavy cream and the unexpected twist of Lipton dehydrated onion soup mix creates a rich, savory base that complements the chicken and broccoli without overpowering them.
The crowning glory of this Chicken Divan is the generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. As the casserole bakes, the cheese melts into a golden, bubbling layer, adding a touch of sharpness and richness to the dish. Each bite becomes a symphony of textures and flavors, with the creamy sauce, tender chicken, crisp broccoli, and nutty Parmesan cheese harmonizing perfectly.
This Chicken Divan recipe is not merely a reimagining of a classic; it’s a testament to the enduring power of culinary innovation. By incorporating the humble Lipton dehydrated onion soup mix, a household staple, into the sauce, this recipe elevates the dish to new levels of flavor and complexity. The result is a culinary masterpiece that honors tradition while embracing creativity.
So, gather your ingredients, don your apron, and embark on a culinary adventure that will transport you to a world of comfort, familiarity, and unexpected twists. Whip up a batch of this Chicken Divan with a twist, gather your loved ones around the table, and savor the joy of sharing this culinary legacy reimagined. And as you indulge in its rich, creamy goodness, remember that sometimes, the most familiar dishes can be transformed into something extraordinary.
- 5 large chicken breasts
- Crisco oil
- 3 - 4 packages frozen broccoli spears
- 1 package Lipton's dehydrated onion soup mix
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped (1 1/2 cup is better)
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Split chicken breast and bake in over rolling them in Bisquick.
- Cook chicken in a 425 degree oven with Crisco in the bottom of a baking dish for 45 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cool and debone the chicken breasts.
- Cook 3 to 4 packages of frozen broccoli spears, just barely.
- Make a sauce with Lipton dehydrated onion soup mix and sour cream, blend well.
- Layer broccoli in a casserole dish, spoon half of sauce over broccoli, layering in casserole.
- Cover with the chicken breasts.
- Fold whipped cream into remaining sauce and pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes - or more, then sprinkle with cheese and run under broiler until brown.
Kitchen Helper 2
3 packages onion soup mix
3 to 4 tubs sour cream
3 to 4.5 pints whipping cream