A vintage handwritten recipe for Chicken Supreme, a baked chicken recipe covered in a white sauce.Print Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- Soda Crackers, crushed
- 1/2 Cup Butter ?
- 3 tbsp Butter (or margarine)
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Broth, strained
- 3 tbsp Grated cheese
- 1/4 tsp Dry mustard
- Good Sherry
- Dip chicken breasts in milk then crackers.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika
- Put on a baking rack in a pan and drizzle tad less than 1/4 cup melted butter on each one.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350-degrees
- Turn, repeat butter drizzle and cook another 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put bones, celery, onion, carrots, and bay leaf in abiut 6 cups of water, adn simmer for a couple of hours. Good for soup or chicken and dumplings.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter.
- Add 3 tablespoons of flour, off the stove.
- Mix; add slowly, about 1 1/2 cups strained broth.
- When smooth and thick, add about 3 tablespoons grated cheese and 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, add a little good sherry!