Coffee Toffee Bar
Servings: 3 Dozen
A vintage clipped recipe from Pillsbury, Nescafe, and Hersheys for Coffee Toffee Bars, make these bars with Pillsbury's Best All-Purpose Flour, double-acting baking powder, salt, butter or margarine, brown sugar – firmly packed, almond extract, Nescafe, Nestle's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, and chopped nutsPrint Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups sifted Pillsbury’s Best All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Nescafe
- 1 6- ounce package 1 cup Nestle’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Sift together first 3 ingredients – set aside.
- Blend together butter or margarine, sugar, almond extract, and Nescafe.
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients. Stir in semi-sweet and nuts.
- Press dough into greased pan 15x10x1.
- Bake 350-degrees, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Top with a sugar glaze, if desired. Cut into bars while warm.