Coq au Vin
A vintage typed recipe card for the classic Coq au Vin. This classic French recipe is made with 2 small chickens, butter, small white onions, red wine, consume, parsley, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, celery, and seasonions.Print Recipe
- 2 three-pound or four-pound chickens
- 1/2 pound butter
- 12 small white onions stick with 3 small cloves (I use canned ones)
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 1 1/2 cups consomme
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound mushrooms halved
- 4 small carrots cut small
- 1 celery heart cut up
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Brown chickens in butter and put in casserole, to butter add onion, garlic, celery, and herbs, brown.
- Add wine and consomme gradually, when hot pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake 300-degrees for 1 1/2 hours till chicken is tender, allow to cool, put in refrigerator overnight, before serving take off excess butter and allow one hour to reheat in slow oven, 300-degrees.
Print Recipe Share by Email Pin Recipe
Kitchen Helper 2