Crisco French Toast
A classic clipped recipe from Crisco for French Toast. Make a batter out of flour, egg, and milk. Trim crusts from bread and cut diagonally. Dip bread into the batter. Fry in Crisco about 3 minutes on each side.Print Recipe
- 6 slices dry bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- Make batter of flour, egg and milk. Trim crusts from bread and cut diagonally. Dip bread into batter. Fry in Crisco about 3 minutes on each side.
Print Recipe Share by Email Pin Recipe
Kitchen Helper 2
Crisco's "Tender-Crisp" Pan Frying Guide:
- Measure Crisco into cold skillet and heat until completely melted. Then add food and fry over medium heat.
- Correct amount of Crisco is essential. Follow this chart for uncoated foods:
- 8" diameter .... 2 to 3 tablespoons
- 9" diameter .... 1/4 cup
- 10" diameter .... 1/3 cup
- For coated foods, increase amount of Crisco by 2 tablespoons.
- When food is well browned but recipe calls for longer cooking, cover skillet and continue cooking over low heat.