Duncan Hines Peach Upside Down Cake
A vintage recipe card from Duncan Hines for a Peach Upside Down Cake; make this Peach Upside Down Cake with a package of Duncan Hines Yellow Deluxe Cake Mix, butter/margarine, brown sugar, sliced peaches, and Maraschino cherries. Turn baked cake upside down on a large platter or cookie sheet. Serve warm with whipped cream.Print Recipe
- 1 package Duncan Hines Yellow Deluxe Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 can 1 pound 14 ounces sliced peaches
- Maraschino cherry halves
- Whipped cream
- Melt butter in a 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly in pan.
- Drain peaches.
- Arrange peaches and cherries in sugar mixture.
- Mix cake as directed on the label; spread batter over fruit.
- Bake at 350-degrees about 45 to 50 minutes, until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Let stand 5 minutes for topping to begin to set.
- Then turn upside down onto a large platter or cookie sheet.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
- When Baking At High Altitudes: Use flour, water, and baking temperatures give on side panel.