Servings: 8 servings
A vintage clipped newspaper recipe for Giblet Pate, make this pate with chicken giblets with necks, onions, celery, thyme, salt, butter, ground pepper, and cognac. A perfect addition to your Thanksgiving meal.Print Recipe
- 3 sets chicken giblets with necks
- 1 small onion
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons one-half stick butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- Cook the giblets, except the livers, in water to cover with half the onion, sliced, the celery, salt and thyme until tender, about one and one-half hours.
- Remove the meat from the necks and put, with the giblets, through the coarse blade of a meat grinder.
- Cook the livers and remaining onion, chopped in the butter until done, about four minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mash thoroughly and add to the ground giblets.
- Mix well, adding the cognac and enough melted butter (or liquid in which the giblets were cooked) to make a smooth paste.
- Serve with freshly made toast.
Yield: Eight or more servings as an appetizer.