“The first bite of these golden-centered veal rolls will make them a favorite of both the family and special guests!”
1 pound ground veal
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
4 slices Kroger American cheese
2 teaspoons Kroger butter or margarine
3/4 teaspoon Kroger salt
1/8 teaspoon Kroger pepper
1/2 teaspoon MSG or Accent
- Mix together lightly the veal and onion; add salt, pepper, and Accent.
- Divide meat mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a square, 1/4 inch thick.
- Slice cheese into halves and stack 2 strips onto each square.
- Gently fold the meat around cheese, forming a roll.
- Heat butter or margarine in a skillet and over medium heat, cook the veal rolls, turning carefully to brown all sides (about 20 minutes).
- Serve on a bed of steaming rice along with spiced peaches or what else the fruit season or your cupboard offers.