1 pound hamburger
1/2 cup rice
1 dozen young grape leaves
3 cups boiling water
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons bacon fat
1. Mix hamburger, rice, salt, and pepper. Form meatballs.
2. Drop grape leaves in boiling water. Let boil five minutes.
3. Roll meat mixture in grape leaves. Fasten with a toothpick.
4. Add salt and pepper and bacon fat to 3 cups boiling water.
5. Drop meatballs into the seasoned water. Let boil for 45 minutes.
6. Serve with Egg and Lemon Sauce
Egg and Lemon Sauce
1. Beat egg well. Add lemon juice.
2. Beat well.
Serve over meatballs.