Hershey’s Cocoa Fudge
A vintate clipped newspaper recipe for Hershey's Cocoa Fudge, this classic fudge is made with cocoa, sugar, salt, milk, butter or margarine, and vanilla.Print Recipe
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Thoroughly combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a heavy 4-quart saucepan; stir in milk.
- Bring to a bubbly boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil without stirring to 234 degrees or the soft ball stage. Bulb of candy thermometer should not rest on the bottom of the saucepan.
- Remove from heat; add butter or margarine and vanilla. DO NOT STIR.
- Cool, at room temperature, to 110 degrees; beat until fudge thickens and loses some of its gloss.
- Quickly spread in a lightly buttered 8- or 9- inch square pan; cool.
- Note: For Marshmallow-Nut variation, increase cocoa to 3/4 cup and cook fudge as fudge. Add 1 cup marshmallow creme with butter or margarine and vanilla. DO NOT STIR, cool to 110 degrees, and beat 10 minutes. Stir in 1 cup broken nuts and pour into pan. (Fudge does not set until it is poured into the pan.)
- Make 3 dozen squares
Print Recipe Share by Email Pin Recipe
Kitchen Helper 2
8 inch square pan 1
9 inch square pan