Impossible Taco PIe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope 1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 1 can 4 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3 eggs
- 2 to matoes sliced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Heat over to 400 degrees.
- Grease pie plate (10 x 1 1/2 – inch).
- Cook and stir beef and onion until brown; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix.
- Spread in pie plate, top with chilies.
- Beat milk, baking mix, and eggs until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high or 1 minute with hand beater.
- Pour into plate.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and shredded cheese if desired.
Kitchen Helper 2
Also in the Eidson collection was a handwritten recipe for Impossible Taco Pie. The card was written by “Double E” – E. Eidson on February 13, 1984.
I like the additional note that she includes at the end of the handwritten card: “A glob of sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and lettuce hanging about are the extra touches that really make this dish. Good Luck!”