3 cups sugar
1/2 pound butter, softened
7 eggs, room temperature
3 cups cake flour
1 cup whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan
- Thoroughly cream together sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour twice
- Mix in half the flour, then the whipping cream, then the other half of the flour; add vanilla. Do not overbeat.
- Pour batter in prepared pan.
- Place in a cold oven; turn to bake and set the temperature to 350-degrees.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cook in pan 5 minutes; remove from pan and cool thoroughly.
Note: Wrapped well, this cake keeps several days.
From the Kitchen Of
View additional recipes in this category