A vintage handwritten recipe for Italian Delight, make this classic Italian casserole with ground beef, onion, green pepper, tomato sauce, water, catsup, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, cream of mushroom soup, cheese, and noodles.Print Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 large green pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 ounces
- 1/2 can water
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic puree or garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sharp cheese grated or Cheese Whiz
- 4 ounces noodles
- Brown meat, then onion and pepper.
- Add tomato sauce, water, catsup, sugar, and seasonings.
- Simmer one hour.
- Empty soup in a bowl and add cheese, stir well.
- Prepare noodles according to package, drain.
- In a greased dish, put a layer of noodles, ground beef mixture and then soup & cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Put in a 350-degree oven for twenty minutes.