Neapolitan Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 onions sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds finely ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1 can Italian tomato paste
- 4 chili peppers hot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 stuffed green olives sliced
- Brown onions and garlic in oil, add meat and brown slightly.
- Heat tomato juice, puree, and paste in a deep kettle; add meat mixture, chilis, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Simmer 2.5 to 3 hours until thick. Remove chili peppers and add olives. Simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Serve with spaghetti, top with Parmesan cheese.
- Makes sauce for 1 pound of spaghetti.