Old Fashioned Corn Pudding
A vintage clipped recipe for Corn Pudding, make this classic side dish with sugar, cornstarch, milk, eggs, cream-style corn, butter, salt, and nutmeg. A perfect side-dish for your Thanksgiving feast.Print Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 pound can cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash nutmeg
- Mix together sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth. Add eggs, corn, butter, and salt; mix well.
- Turn into a greased 1-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place baking dish a pan of hot water.
- Bake at 300-degrees for 1 3/4 hours, or until custard is set.
Print Recipe Share by Email Pin Recipe
Kitchen Helper 2
1-quart Baking Dish
Water Bath Pan
1-quart Baking Dish 2
It was delicious
This was my mother’s recipe she used in the 60s. I add a little nutmeg. Family tradition!