Pineapple Chiffon Pie
A vintage typed recipe card for a Pineapple Chiffon Pie made with gelatine, water, eggs, sugar, salt, crushed pineapple, pineapple juice, and lemon juice.Print Recipe
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 eggs separate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup drained crushed, sweetened pineapple
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Soften gelatin in water.
- Combine slightly beaten egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon and pineapple juice and pineapple; cook over boiling water until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add softened gelatin, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
- Cool until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat remaining 1/4 cup sugar in stiffly beaten egg whites and fold into pineapple-gelatin mixture.
- Turn into a baked or chilled shell and chill until firm.
- Top with whipped cream.
Print Recipe Share by Email Pin Recipe
Kitchen Helper 2
Pie Plate 1
Pie Plate 2
Pie Plate 3