Ring Around the Tuna
A vintage recipe from the 1962 edition of "Joys of Jello" for Ring Around the Tuna – "A beautiful jewel-like entre salad for your luncheon or buffet table". The congealed salad is made with Lemon or Lime Jell-O, drained and flaked tuna, chopped pimento, celery, onions, cucumber, vinegar, water and salt.Print Recipe
- 1 pkg 3-ounce Jell-O Lime or Lemon-Lime Gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced celery*
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento*
- 2 tablespoons sliced, stuffed olives
- 1 7-oz can tuna, drained and flaked
- Dissolve Jell-O Gelatine and salt in boiling water.
- Add cold water, vinegar, and onion.
- Chill until very thick.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into individual mold rings or a 1-quart mold ring.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold on crisp salad greens.
- If desired, serve with additional tuna and top salads with mayonnaise.
Print Recipe Share by Email Pin Recipe
Kitchen Helper 2
Salad Mold 1
Salad Mold 2
Salad Mold 3