“A quick one? Here it is and so adaptable for luncheons or a meatless meal.”
1 12-ounce package frozen Kroger lima beans
1 12-ounce package frozen shrimp
3 tablespoons Kroger butter or margarine
1/4 cup onion, chopped
3 tablespoons celery, chopped
3 tablespoons Kroger flour
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1 3/4 cup Kroger milk
1 teaspoon Kroger salt
1/4 cup buttered bread crumbs
2-quart casserole dish
- Cook lima beans according to directions on the package, then drain.
- Also, cook shrimp according to directions on the package, then drain.
- Arrange shrimp and lima beans in layers in a well-greased casserole dish.
- Melt butter or margarine over very low heat. Add onion and celery and cook until tender. Add flour and curry powder and stir until well blended.
- Gradually add milk and cook; stirring until mixture thickens. Add salt.
- Pour sauce over lima beans and shrimp in casserole. Top with buttered bread crumbs, cover and bake at preheated 350-degree oven for 15 minutes.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes