Sock It To Me Cake
A vintage handwritten recipe card for the classic "Sock It To Me Cake" made with Duncan Hines Yellow Cake MIx, butter, sugar, eggs, chopped pecans, sour cream, cinnamon, and brown sugar.Print Recipe
- 1 box Duncan Hines Recipe Yellow Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8- ounce carton of sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Break eggs one at a time an cream with 3/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add cake mix to the mixture; fold in 1 cup chopped pecans, and 8 ounces of sour cream.
- Mix 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Pour 1/2 batter in a bundt pan (or tube), sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture around and about, then the rest of the batter.
- Bake at 375-degrees 40 minutes or longer; it sort of begins to leave the side of the pan when done.
- Serve as is – or make a powdered sugar and milk glaze and drizzle over the cake when warm.
Print Recipe Share by Email Pin Recipe
Kitchen Helper 2
Bundt Pan 2