The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Servings: 6 Dozen
A vintage typed recipe for The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, a recipe from Lorraine Huebner from "The Colorado Cache Cookbook". These classic oatmeal cookies are make with eggs, flour, vanilla, salt, raisins, cinnamon, butter, baking soda, brown sugar, oatmeal, sugar, and pecans.Print Recipe
- 3 eggs well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon gr cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- Combine eggs, raisins, and vanilla and let stand for one hour – covered with plastic wrap.
- Cream together butter and sugars. Add flour, salt, cinnamon, and soda to sugar mixture.
- Mix well. Blend in the egg-raisin mixture, oatmeal, and chopped nuts.
- The dough will be very stiff.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet or roll into small balls and flatten slightly on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Print Recipe Share by Email Pin Recipe
Kitchen Helper 2
Cookie Sheet 2