The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 3 eggs well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon gr cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- Combine eggs, raisins, and vanilla and let stand for one hour – covered with plastic wrap.
- Cream together butter and sugars. Add flour, salt, cinnamon, and soda to sugar mixture.
- Mix well. Blend in the egg-raisin mixture, oatmeal, and chopped nuts.
- The dough will be very stiff.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet or roll into small balls and flatten slightly on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.