1 package (2-layer size) yellow, white, or devil’s food cake mix
1 envelope Dream Whip Topping Mix*
1 cup cold water
* Do not whip, use right from the envelope.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl of an electric mixer.
Blend until moistened. Beat at medium speed for 4 minutes.
Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan, and bake at 350-degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool tupe cake for 15 minutes in the pan (other cakes for 10 minutes). Then remove from pan and finish cooling on a cake rack. Frost, glaze sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, or top with fruit, syrup, or ice cream. A Dream Cake tastes great any way you serve it!
A Dream Cake cand be baked in other size pans as well:
- In three 8-inch layer pans, bake for 35 minutes;
- In two 9-inch layer pans, bake for 30 minutes;
- In one 13×9-inch pan, bake for 40 to 45 minutes;
- In cupcake pans, bake for about 20 minutes.
For altituedes above 3,500 feet. Prepare Dream Cake as directed, adding 2 tablespoons flour, using a total of 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water, and baking at 375-degrees for about 5 minutes less or until cake tests done.