3 6.5-ounce cans chunk-style tuna
1/3 cup chili sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 1/3 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 unbaked nine-inch pasty shell, well chilled
1. Preheat oven to hot (400-degrees).
2. Drain tuna. Combine with chili sauce and a half-teaspoon of salt.
3. Heat butter over low heat. Add flour and blend. Gradually add milk and continue cooking until thickened, stirring constantly. Add remaining salt, pepper cheese, and Worcestershire. Stir until cheese has melted.
4. Combine cheese sauce and tuna. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with paprika.
5. Bake on the lower shelf in the preheated oven thirty to thirty-five minutes, or until pastry is done and cheese has browned. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve Hot.
Yield – six portions.