2 cups sifted Omega Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup soft shortening
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 unbeaten eggs
1 tablespoon milk
1. Turn on the oven; set at moderate (375-degrees).
2. Grease 2 large cooky sheets.
3. Sift together: 2 cups sifted Omega Flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
4. Cream together until light and fluffy: 1/3 cup soft shortening, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla.
5. Beat in vigorously, one at a time, 2 unbeaten eggs.
6. Stir in 1 tablespoon milk.
7. Add flour mixture about 1/4 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Drop by teaspoon, 2 inches apart, onto greased cooky sheets (see picture). Bake 12 minutes, or until brown. Remove while still warm. Makes 4 dozen.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fold 1 cup chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup broken nuts into the dough just before dropping onto cooky sheets. Bake as directed in Master Recipe.
Sift with flour mixture 1 teaspoon each of ground cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Bake as directed in Master Recipe.
Fold 1/2 cup seedless raisins into the dough just before dropping onto cooky sheets. Bake as directed in Master Recipe.
To use Omgea Self-Rising Flour in any of these cooky recipes, replace the 2 cups of Omega Flour with 2 1/4 cups of sifted Omega Self-Rising Flour. Omit baking powder and salt.
These recipes are from Omega Flour Mill's Baking is Easy, promotional cookbook, page 4.