1 cup shortening
1 cup of sugar
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon soda
- Cream the shortening, add sugar, and mix well.
- Add beaten egg yolks, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients and gradually and to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Fill a Mirro cooky press.
- Form desired shapes on ungreased Mirro cooky sheets.
Bake 10-12 minutes at 400-degrees.
Yield 10 dozen.