Dom Deluise’s Vegetable Salad
A vintage clipped recipe for Dom Deluise's Vegetable Salad; make this vegetable salad with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchinis, celery stalks, red pepper, green pepper, mushrooms, small onion, fresh peas, safflower oils, fresh lemon juice, chopped parsley, dried dill weed, tarragon, black pepper, mayonnaise, whole lettuce leaves, cherry tomatoes, and Bermuda onion. Almost a meal in itself, Enjoy!Print Recipe
- 1 small bunch broccoli
- 1/2 small head cauliflower
- 4 carrots
- 2 small zucchinis
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cups quartered mushrooms
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Whole lettuce leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Bermuda onion
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Steam together lightly and let cool.
- Then combine vegetables with lemon juice, oil, and seasonings in a large Ziploc Storage Bag and mix well.
- Add mayonnaise.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Serve on lettuce leaves; garnish with cherry tomatoes and raw Bermuda onion rings.
- Almost a meal in itself, Enjoy!
Recipe from a Ziploc Storage Bag advertisement, mid-1980s.