A vintage clipped recipe from Aunt Jemima Enriched Yellow Corn Meal for Fiesta Corn Bread. Make this version of Mexican cornbread using shortening, all-purpose flour, Aunt Jemima Enriched Yellow Corn Meal, baking powder, salt, sugar, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, cream-style corn, milk, and eggs.
Fiesta Corn Bread
- 1/4 cup Vegetable shortening or oil
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima Enriched Yellow Corn Meal
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1 can Cream-style corn (8.5 oz)
- 1 can Chopped hot or mild green chilies, drained (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Heat over to 400-degrees.
- In a 8 or 9 inch square baking pan, or 10-inch ovenproof skillet, melt shortening in oven; tilt pan to coat bottom evenly.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add melted shortening and remaining ingredients; mix just until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.