Dive into a Hearty Bowl of Goodness: Bean Soup with a Kick
Are you craving a soul-warming meal packed with flavor and easy on the wallet? Look no further than this Bean Soup recipe. It’s a symphony of textures and tastes, guaranteed to fill your belly and satisfy you.
Aromatic symphony of flavors:
Imagine the intoxicating aroma of sauteed onions and bell peppers mingling with the smoky depth of ham hocks and ham. Each spoonful unleashes a chorus of creamy white beans, spicy Trappey’s Jalapeno Pinto Beans, and the comforting familiarity of Campbell’s Bean and Bacon Soup.
Simple ingredients, extraordinary taste:
This soup is a testament to the power of humble ingredients coming together to create something truly special. Don’t be fooled by its simplicity; the combination of smoky, spicy, and savory notes will tantalize your taste buds with every slurp.
A stick-to-your-ribs comfort food:
This hearty soup is the perfect antidote to a chilly day. Its thick and creamy texture, studded with tender beans and chunks of flavorful ham, is pure comfort in a bowl. It’s a meal that will warm you from the inside out and leave you feeling content and nourished.
The perfect canvas for customization:
This recipe is just a jumping-off point for your culinary creativity. Feel free to add your favorite vegetables, herbs, or spices to make it your own. A dollop of sour cream or a sprinkle of shredded cheese can add a touch of richness, while a drizzle of hot sauce can take the heat up a notch.
Serve it up with rustic charm:
No bowl of bean soup is complete without the perfect accompaniment. Whip up a batch of fluffy cornbread studded with sweet kernels and a hint of honey for a delightful textural contrast. And don’t forget the sliced onions, caramelized to golden perfection for a touch of sweetness and tang.
So gather your ingredients, fire up the stove, and get ready to ladle up a bowl of pure comfort. This Bean Soup will become a new weeknight staple, warming your body and soul with every hearty bite.
Tips for a perfect pot of bean soup:
- Use a variety of beans for a more complex flavor and texture.
- Don’t overcook the beans, or they will become mushy.
- Let the soup simmer for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Be generous with the toppings! Cornbread, onions, sour cream, and hot sauce are great options.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- Ham hocks & pieces of ham
- 2 cans Trappey's Jalapeno Pinto Beans
- 2 cans white beans (Ranch style navy beans)
- 2 cans Campbell's Bean & Bacon soup
- 2 cans water soup cans
- Mix all ingredients in a large heavy
- Cook without cover over medium heat until almost boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for three hours.
- Stir often as it will burn and stick easily.
- Serve with cornbrean and raw onion.