A vintage handwritten recipe on an index card for Chocolate Brittle, this recipe is from the December 1983 edition of Southern Living. This Chocolate Brittle is made with butter, sugar, water, milk chocolate, and pecans. Add this recipe to your Christmas Candy selection.
- 2 Cups Butter
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 12 1.05 oz Milk Chocolate Bars
- 3 Cups Chopped Pecans
- Combine butter, sugar, and water in a Dutch Oven.
- Cook over low heat until a candy thermometer registers 300 degrees.
- Remove from heat, immediately pour into 2 12-inch pizza pans; spreading to edges of pan.
- Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler.
- Spread chocolate over the brittle, sprinkle pecans evenly over the top.
- Press pecans into chocolate.
- Let stand until chocolate is firm.
- Break candy into pieces.