These are recipes from Gold Kist Peanuts of Comanche, Texas. This promotional piece contains recipes for Peanut Brittle, Toasted Nuts, and French Fried Peanuts.
Gold Kist Peanut Brittle
- 3 cups White sugar
- 1/2 cups Water
- 3 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup White Karo Syrup
- 3 cups Raw Peanuts
- 3 teaspoons Butter
- Mix sugar, Karo Syrup, and water together and cook until mixture threads.
- Add peanuts and stir constinuously, cooking until syrip mixture turns light brown in color, and peanuts are done.
- Remove from fire and add soda, salt, and butter.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed and pour onto a buttered cookie sheet.
- Spread as thin as possible.
Kitchen Helper 2
- Gold Kist Popcorn Oil
- Put a small amount of Gold Kist Popcorn OIl into a shallow pan, pour in nuts and stir until they are well coated. There should not be any excess oil in pan, but enough to gi e an oily surface to each nut.
- Set the pan in oven and stir often until they become light brown.
- Drain them on paper toweling, then spread on platter and sprinkle with salt.
French Fried Peanuts
- Gold Kist Peanut Oil
- Heat deep fryer to 375-degrees Farienheit and put peanuts in hold Gold Kist Peanut Oil.
- In four minutes take peanuts out of boiling oil and drain them on paper toweling.
- Spread peanuts on a platter and sprinkle with salt.