Del Monte Pumpkin PIe
A vintage recipe from Del Monte for Pumpkin Pie; make this classic Pumpkin Pie by filling an unbaked pie shell with high fluted ruffles with a mixture of slightly beaten eggs, Del Monte Pumpkin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and evaporated milk. Bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to moderate and bake for 25 to 35 minutes longer.Print Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell with high fluted edges
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Del Monte Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- Make an unbaked 9-inch pastry shell with high fluted edge.
- Chill well.
- Mix 2 eggs, slightly beaten, with 1 1/2 cups Del Monte Pumpkin.
- Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed), 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon each of nutmeg and cloves.
- Blend into pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk.
- Pour into chilled unbaked pastry shell; bake in a hot oven (425-degrees) 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to moderate (350-degrees) and bake 25 to 35 minutes more or until a knife inserted in custard 2 inches from the edge comes out clean.