Dive into Deep Flavor: A Simple Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Forget the jars; this easy homemade spaghetti sauce bursts with fresh, bright flavors in just 30 minutes. You can whip up a sauce that rivals any Nonna’s recipe with just a handful of pantry staples and a touch of love.
A Symphony of Freshness:
Sunny Start: Olive oil glistens in the pan, ready to embrace the fragrant dance of minced garlic and chopped onion.
Tomatoes Take the Stage: Crushed tomatoes and tomato paste create a vibrant canvas, their rich aroma promising a depth of flavor.
Splash of Life: A touch of water loosens the texture, inviting fresh basil leaves to swirl within, their verdant scent infusing the sauce.
Seasoned to Perfection: A sprinkle of ground black pepper and salt adds the final flourish, harmonizing the symphony of tastes.
This basic recipe is just the beginning! Customize it to your heart’s content:
- Spice it up: Add crushed red pepper flakes for a touch of heat.
- Go meaty: Brown ground sausage or Italian pork before adding the tomatoes.
- Veggie delight: Toss in chopped mushrooms, carrots, or zucchini for added texture and nutrients.
So grab your ingredients, heat your pan, and prepare to be amazed. This simple spaghetti sauce is about to become your new go-to weeknight hero!
Bonus Tip: Simmer the sauce for a longer time for an even richer flavor, allowing the flavors to meld and deepen.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It’s truly a delicious and versatile way to elevate your pasta game.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 can concentrated crushed tomatoes 28-ounce can
- 1 can tomato paste 6-ounce can
- 1 cup water
- 4 leaves basil (fresh) or 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Heat olive oil in a six quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Brown garlic.
- Add onions and saute until transparent.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste blended with water, the basil, pepper and salt.
- Simmer for thirty minutes over low heat, stirring often.