- 1 3-oz pkg Jell-O Lemon or Orange-Pineapple Gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 8 3/4 can crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans optional
- Dissolve Jell-O Gelatin and salt in boiling water.
- Add undrained pineapple and lemon juice.
- Chill until very thick, then fold in carrots and pecans.
- Pour into individual molds or a 1-quart mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Garnish with additional pineapple, if desired.
- Makes about 3 cups, or 6 side salads.