Dive into Summer Flavors: 1977 Zucchini Tomato Kabobs from Southern Living
Step back to a time of sunshine, picnics, and gingham tablecloths with these Zucchini Tomato Kabobs from the July 1977 edition of Southern Living. It’s a recipe with the vibrant essence of summer, a melody of fresh vegetables and zesty flavors guaranteed to put a smile on your face and a song in your heart.
Imagine: Skewers adorned with emerald zucchini slices, ruby-red cherry tomatoes, and earthy button mushrooms, glistening with a tangy marinade of Italian salad dressing and kissed with the golden sweetness of pineapple chunks. Each bite is a refreshing dance of sweet and savory, the crisp vegetables contrasting with the juicy fruit, making every flavor pop.
Here’s why these kabobs are a taste of summer in every bite:
- Garden bounty on a skewer: Fresh zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms are the show’s stars, their vibrant colors and crisp textures celebrating the season’s bounty.
- Italian dressing dreams: A marinade of tangy Italian dressing infuses the vegetables with a zesty punch, reminding you of picnics under sun-dappled trees.
- Pineapple surprise: Chunks of sweet pineapple add a burst of juicy sunshine, balancing the savory flavors and creating a delightful, unexpected twist.
- Effortless assembly joyful results: This recipe is as easy as skewering the ingredients and letting the marinade work its magic. Perfect for busy weeknights or impromptu gatherings.
- Versatile delight: Enjoy these kabobs grilled, baked, or even chilled for a refreshing summer salad.
More than just a recipe, it’s an experience:
- A taste of nostalgia: This recipe is a throwback to a simpler time when grilling with friends and family was a summer ritual.
- Perfect for any occasion: These kabobs are ideal for grilling out, potlucks, picnics, or even a light and healthy lunch.
- Customizable fun: Add your twist with grilled onions, bell peppers, or even tofu for a vegetarian option.
So grab your ingredients, dust off the grill, and get ready to whip up a batch of 1977 Zucchini Tomato Kabobs. It’s the perfect way to bring a taste of summer sunshine and backyard grilling to your table any time of year!
Bonus Tip: Serve these kabobs with creamy ranch dressing for extra dipping delight.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It’s a taste of summer fun and nostalgic flavors skewered together for your grilling pleasure.
Zucchini Tomato Kabobs
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds small zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 12-18 cherry tomatoes
- Italian Salad Dressing
- fresh pineapple chunks, 1-inch
- Combine mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, and salad dressing.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for four hours or overnight.
- Drain vegetables.
- Alternate with pineapple onto three long skewers.
- Cook on grill over medium heat 10 minutes, turning occasionally and basting frequently with reserved marinade.