Dive into Holiday Bliss with a Sweet Potato Surprise!
Imagine a dish as warm and comforting as a crackling fireplace, as festive as twinkling lights, and as sweet as a Santa’s smile. That’s Holiday Sweet Potato Surprise, a delightful twist on the classic sweet potato casserole that will become your new holiday tradition.
The velvety sweet potatoes, with their vibrant orange hue, are the heart and soul of this dish, and the added sweetness of the frosting and the spice of the cinnamon combine to make this a delightful dish. The show stopper is miniature marshmallows that are melted on top of the Sweet Potato Surprise.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It’s a delicious and festive way to spice up your holiday meal.
Holiday Sweet Potato Surprise
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can coconut-almond frosting 15-ounce can
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Peel potatoes and mash.
- Combine mashed sweet potatoes, frosting, vanilla, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 12x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350-degrees for 18 minutes.
- Sprinkle with marshamllows; continue baking 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.