Pumpkin Cake Roll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts finely chopped
- Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 3 ounce packages cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat eggs at high speed of mixer for 5 minutes, gradually beating in a cup of granulated sugar.
- Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- Fold into the pumpkin.
- Spread in greased and floured 15x10x1 inch jelly-roll pan.
- Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 375-degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn out on towel sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Starting at the narrow end, roll towel and cake together; cool, but not completely.
- While still a little warm, unroll and spread with filling made with powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla, beat together until smooth.
- Reroll cake spread with filling and chill.