This clipped vintage recipe from Tyler, Texas-based Brookshire’s Dairy. This creamy fudge recipe included milk chocolate bars, marshmallow creme, butter or margarine, vanilla, granulated sugar, evaporated milk, and chopped pecans.
Brookshire's Best Fudge
- 11 Plain milk chocolate candy bars (1.65 ounce each)
- 1 jar Marshmallow creme (7 ounces)
- 1 tbsp Butter or margarine
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 package Semi-sweet chocolate morsels (12 ounces)
- 4 1/2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1 2/3 cups Evaporated milk
- 2 packages Pecans, chopped (optional) (6 ounce packages)
- Ina 6 to 8 quart container, heat together candy bars, broken into pieces, marshmallow creme, butter, vanilla, semisweet morsels.
- In a 4 to 6 quart saucepan combine granulated sugar and evaporated milk.
- Let sugar and milk come to a hard boil; cook, stirring constantly, for 6 minutes.
- Pour sugar and evaporated milk over remaining ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in chopped pecans.
- Pour mixture into a cookie tray or jelly roll pan lined with wax paper.
- Let stand 4 to 6 hours or until completely set before removing.