Golden yellow cupcakes are a classic dessert that is perfect for any occasion. They are light, fluffy, and have a delicious buttery flavor. The perfect golden yellow cupcake is made with cake flour, which gives it a tender crumb.
You can frost golden yellow cupcakes with a simple buttercream frosting. However, you can also use chocolate frosting, cream cheese frosting, or any other type you like.
Links to Frostings:
Golden Yellow Cupcakes
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup softened oleo (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Sift first three ingredients together.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.