A typed recipe card for a Daffodil Cake, made with flour, sugar, shortening, salt, milk, baking powder, then add milk, yolks, and lemon flavoring.Print Recipe
- 1.5 Cups Sifted Cake Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Shortening
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2.5 tsp Double Acting Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp Lemon Flavoring
- Measure into a mixing bowl and blend thoroughly for two minutes 1.5 cups sifted cake flour, 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup shortening, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup milk.
- Stir in 2.5 teaspoons double acting baking powder.
- Add and blend for two minutes 1/3 cup milk, 3 egg yolks, and 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
The recipe for the Fluffy Coconut Frosting on the back side of this card can be found here –
1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 teaspoon double acting baking powder
1/3 cup milk
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
Measure into mixing bowl and blend thoroughly for 2 minutes: 1.5 cups sifted cake flour, 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup shortening, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup milk.
Stir in 2.5 teaspoons double acting baking powder. Add and blend for 2 minutes: 1/3 cup milk, 3 egg yolks, 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring.
Baking time 25-30 minutes.